I thought I understood it
But I didn't, not even a smugness of it
I was lost, dazed and confused
I thought I knew it all but I did not
I just knew what I wanted to believe
But now it makes sense
I've never felt this way before
How can I feel this way
It went against everything I believed
What made me change my idea of it
What made me fall
Break down and fight for it
What made me never want to lose it
Once it's gone
I will never be the same
It grew
From the moment I kissed you, I knew
It was more than a kiss
I felt something deeper than just your lips on mine
It was an uplift
In my heart and I knew
I knew not to give up
We are not perfect
Certainly we make mistakes
We fight, we argue
Then we make up and smile
You get under my skin sometimes
and you never fail to make me feel tingly inside
Oh, what a feeling it is when I see you smile
or hear you laugh or when I intertwine my fingers in yours
I know that no matter what I will never let anyone replace you
You have enchanted my heart and I'm thankful
I never knew love would feel this weird
Thank You
No comments:
Post a Comment