I once wrote:
Now, I ask myself, am I too young to feel such love.I used to think love was for the weak, and being hurt by it once in the past I learned that double standards are bullshit. I did my own thing, hooked up with random guys, never exchanged my real name and barely gave out my number. I played the game and I played it good until I met him. He wasn't exactly what I expected. He was not like most guys I hooked up with. Had a dorky smile, had goals, studied the arts, and had a wild side. But, I knew deep down he wasn't someone I would want to lose. So then I let him in. Unfortunately a little too much, but is it really unfortunate? Anyway, things went to the worse and I fell for the only person I thought I was going to have one of my flings with. I just thought it was a summer romance, then my freshman year of college would start, and my life would move on. And it did, I started university, met cool people, and went on other dates to take my mind off of my summer romance. I moved on just enough to fall back into his daze. I won't lie, he had me hooked, from the moment I laid eyes on him and felt that spark. And from there what started as something so radical turned into something I never thought existed, unorthodox even. But everything is different now, my view on life, virtues, ethics, morals, my habits even. Its weird to talk about love because it's so arbitrary but never conventional. Love doesn't have an age or an expiration date, or an explanation, it only takes one moment, one time, one spark to know. He found me in a dark place and made happy again, and that's all I need, his love. Everything happens for a reason that reason may not be evident right away, it takes time, and I learned patience, because the best things in life don't come easy.

No comments:
Post a Comment