As a kid I never had self esteem.
I never thought I was beautiful
I never thought I had potential
I did not have many friends
and my best friend was a guy named Bryan Perez
Who was also a weirdo like me
and I think he was my first crush as well
But besides that,
I thought I could never amount to anything
and I thought that I was too skinny
and although people made fun of me I never gave up
I would fight back and tell them, "well one day I will be a model."
I never took anything too serious, so it seemed.
My own classmates and teachers would make fun of me for my weight
And, although, I would laugh I died a little inside
But you know what
What does not kill me WILL make me STRONGER
I learned that it does not matter how others perceive me
because it is not about how you look like
or what you wear
or who you hang out with
or where you come from
It's all about who YOU are
what you have inside
the beauty you posses
what you can offer to the universe
and to humanity
This world is already filled with blinded ideologies of perfection
Mercantilism that now defines beauty to enslave the weak
These cruel and vicious manipulations really do affect a person
But in this society is it not about how you feel or what you do to improve humanity
It is about the green
and I'm not talking about that kush
No, my friend
the one thing that keeps society obsessed
drives them to insanity
It rules us
Our way of thinking
it poisons our judgment
for what?
All men dream: but not equally.
No comments:
Post a Comment